KUALA GANDAH ELEPHANT SANCTUARY
Website : www.bigtreetours.com
Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary ActivitiesKuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary is one of the best Eco tourism, nature tourism destination for family visit, be it Malaysian or worldwide visitors. Children of all ages enjoy riding elephants and further more life time experiences to be splashing around with an Elephant in the river. A shelter with tables and benches provides good picnic spots. And a few trees shade the riverbank to cool off the young and old. The afternoons are very hot and tiring, so protect little ones with sunscreen and hats, bring lots of water or move to the air-conditioned visitors centre for a heat break.
Register your self or your group at the visitors centre and re-check the program schedule for changes. There is not much else around the visitors centre, - no lodging and few refreshments - so be prepared. It's best to bring your own food and drink. A few stalls sell drinks and burgers on occasion and a small cafe operates nearby, but don't count on it to satisfy hungry crowds. T-shirts and other items are available at the souvenir shop.
Usually your program after arrival will start off with the 30-minute video in the AV room that shows the difficult process of trapping wild elephants and moving them to new locations. Also, take a few minutes to take in the displays and marvel at the skull size of an elephant species.
KGES is a popular destination on weekends and during school holidays. It can be getting really crowded during this period. if you are 2 to few person, that should be fine. But if you consist of a group numbers, it is always better to check and call your Travel Agent to pre-arrange the program at a suitable date.
Visitors are not charged a fee; instead a donation is sought for the Elephant Trust Fund. Usually we advise visitor to pay RM 20 - 30 per person. If you taking package, your pckage already inclusive of this Conservation Fee.
Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary: Schedule
|Visitor Information||1:00 to 2:00 pm||Watch the introduction video and visit the exhibition area.|
|Elephant Feeding||2:00 to 2:30 pm||Kids feed the elephants fruit and vegetables while tethered under a covered shelter.|
|Elephant Rides||2:30 to 3:00 pm||Ride the big jumbos for a short jaunt around the compound and get some good family photos.|
|Elephant Bathing||3:00 to 3:30 pm||Get wet with these wild creatures in the river and cool off and be sure to follow park staff instructions for a safe splash.|
|Picnic Break||3:30 to 4:00 pm||Pack a lunch and rest a while by the river before heading out.|
For Easy Booking for a Visit, you may contact ;
Hotline 1 : +6019 662 2929
Cost : RM 220 nett/person (Min 2 person per booking)
Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary is Open to Public
- If you consist of Group ( 15 - 60 people) advance notice is required
- In order in not disrupting the KGES Operations flows, all participants, Visistors are required to follow KGES's staff instructions at all times
- It is advisable to bring a set of clothes for change (restroom and showers available) as your are most likely will try to have an elephant ride and those who wanted to bath the elephant, rather bath together with the Elephant by having the Elephant dropping the who bunch of visitors on its back into the river, you need to have cloths to change
- No accommodation available at the sanctuary
- From Kuala Lumpur proceed to the Karak Highway and then the East Coast Expressway
- Exit at the Lanchang toll and come to a T-junction
- Take a right turn and follow the signboards to Kuala Gandah
- The tarmac road narrows over the last few kilometers, so drive slow
- An Orang Asli settlement is at the end of the road just before reaching the sanctuary